The VPD Correspondence Unit can provide a copy of a police report to you if you have reported or been involved in a property offence incident, such as:

  • theft
  • theft from auto
  • theft of auto
  • lost property
  • mischief (vandalism)
  • break-and-enter
  • motor vehicle collisions where a police officer has completed an MV6020 report

With your consent, your insurance company can make this request on your behalf. In most cases, your police report number is sufficient for the VPD to find your file.

How to request a police report

By mail

Complete the Request for Property Report Form OR send us a written request with the following information:

  • your police file number (general occurrence number)
  • your full name
  • your current home address
  • a telephone number you can be reached at
  • the location where the incident happened
  • the type of incident that took place
  • any other details that may assist us in locating the incident in our records

Mail us your form or letter, a copy of your government-issued photo ID, and a certified cheque or money order made payable to the City of Vancouver to:

ATTENTION: Correspondence Unit
Vancouver Police Department
3585 Graveley St.
Vancouver, B.C.
V5K 5J5

In person

Public Service Counter
3585 Graveley Street
9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Public Service Counter
2120 Cambie Street
9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Please bring a piece of government-issued identification. We accept cash, debit or credit card.


(604) 717-3000
Monday to Friday
10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.


If you live or work in the Lower Mainland, the cost to request a copy of a police report is $55.00 (including applicable taxes).

If you need copies of police records for a civil court order, or a list of all the police documents available for release, please see our 2024 fee schedule.

Out-of-town visitors

For out-of-town visitors who don’t want to mail in their request and can’t come in person, please email your request (including all information outlined above) to

The fee is waived for out-of-town visitors and international students upon verification of visitor status, such as a flight itinerary or a student visa.