Report crime online

Some types of crime can be reported online, such as theft under $10,000 – if you don’t have a suspect.

More information about crimes that can be reported online

General enquiries: Call 3-1-1

If you are calling from outside the city of Vancouver or you are unable to reach 3-1-1, please call 604-873-7000.

TTY service: 7-1-1

Visit us in person

Both of the locations below operate public service counters.

VPD Mailing Address

3585 Graveley St.
Vancouver, B.C.
Canada V5K 5J5

8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Monday to Friday

VPD Headquarters

2120 Cambie St.
Vancouver, B.C.
Canada V5Z 4N6

8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Police Record Checks are done by appointment only and only at our 2120 Cambie Street location. Appointments can be booked for seven days a week, including statutory holidays, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Fingerprint Service is done by appointment only at 3585 Graveley Street location. Appointments can be booked for Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and are closed on statutory holidays.

The Property Office is at 2010 Glen Drive.

If you have received a 12- or 24-hour driver’s licence suspension, please pick up your licence at the 2120 Cambie Street front counter.

Main social channels

Abandoned boats or wrecks

Boat owners are responsible for using their boats safely, keeping them in good working order, and properly disposing of them when they are no longer seaworthy.

They are also responsible for any pollution-related costs, including clean-up and/or repairs. Learn more at Transport Canada.

City issues – who to call

Problems involving garbage, unsafe street conditions, and municipal code violations should be reported to the City of Vancouver.

Comment or Complaint

If you would like to compliment a police officer or have concerns about an officer’s actions, find more information about your options.

Contact a VPD officer

If you know the name and/or badge number of the police officer you’re trying to reach, call 604-873-7000 or if you are within the city of Vancouver, you can dial 3-1-1.

Crime tips

If you want to give police a tip about crime, you can contact us through our non-emergency line at 604-717-3321. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers / Tips Line 1-800-222-8477 or

Fuel spill

Contact the Canadian Coast Guard with reports regarding pollution or threats of pollution in the marine environment.


Trying to reach someone in Vancouver Police custody? We do not have a public number for our Jail. People in custody can make a phone call.

The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act prevents us from releasing the names of people in jail unless they are formally charged with a crime.

General Enquiries

For general enquiries, please email us at


If you can see someone creating graffiti, call 9-1-1 – it is a crime in progress.

If you see graffiti on your property, call our non-emergency number at 604-717-3321 or report it online. If you see graffiti that is not on your property, report it on Vanconnect, the City’s mobile app, or call 3-1-1 (outside Vancouver, call 604-873-7000).


If you are a reporter requesting information or an interview with someone from the VPD, please email your request to Be sure to include your focus, your contact information, and your deadline.

Traffic Ticket

If you have received a violation ticket and you have questions, please see the Province of BC website.

Victim Services

Victim Services staff are available to provide free and confidential support to victims, witnesses, and family members affected by crime and trauma.

Call 604-717-2737 or see information for victims.

Website comments and questions

If you have feedback about the VPD website, we want to hear from you. Please email us at

Lost, stolen or found property

Our Property Office receives and stores all public property, including vehicles, evidence, safekeeping articles, or simply found items.

If you find property, you can drop it off at 2010 Glen Drive from 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Monday and Friday, and 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (closed statutory holidays).

Found property is returned to the lawful owner as soon as possible. If the owner cannot be determined or located, and all investigation is concluded, you can claim the article after 90 days. You can check on the status of the property by calling the Property Office at 604-717-2726 after 60 days. Some items, such as prohibited articles or identification, cannot be claimed.

If you want to know if someone has turned in your lost property, please call our Lost and Found at 604-717-2726.

Prisoner property for safekeeping is held for 90 days before it is disposed of.

At least once a year an auction is held to dispose of unclaimed property, including bicycles, jewelry, and general merchandise. Vehicles are not sold at this auction. The date and location of auctions will be shared in our social media channels.

If you find a bicycle, you can report it to 604-717-3321.