Vancouver Police are warning the public that high-risk sex offender, Michael Wayne Carpenter, will be residing in a correctional halfway house in Vancouver.
Michael Wayne Carpenter is currently serving a 10-year Long Term Supervision Order for convictions of three counts of sexual assault with a weapon, three counts of forcible confinement, and three counts of utter threat to cause death/harm.
Mr. Carpenter, 49, poses a risk of significant harm to the safety of vulnerable female children, youth, and adults. He is white, 5’9″ tall, 180 lbs., with brown short hair, and blue eyes.
Mr. Carpenter must abide by the following conditions:
- Not to consume, purchase, or possess alcohol
- Not to consume, purchase or possess drugs
- Not to own, use or possess a computer, or any technological device that would allow access to the internet
- Not to be in the presence of any female children under the age of 18, except in certain conditions
- Not to purchase, acquire, possess or access pornography or sexually explicit material
- Report all friendships, sexual relationships and intimate relationships with women
- No to go to Kamloops, BC
- Not to enter any private dwelling or places including, but not limited to, hotels, motels, rooming houses, SRO residences, private residence/dwelling, or vehicles
Anyone witnessing Michael Carpenter in violation of any of these conditions is requested to contact their local police department at 9-1-1.