Report a Crime

Online Crime Reporting

Some crimes can be reported online via the web, particularly if there is no suspect. See Online Citizen Reporting to view reporting guidelines.


Non-Emergency? Call (604) 717-3321

Many reports to police do not require a police officer to attend in person. If there is no suspect or there is no potential evidence for officers to collect, your call can usually be handled over the telephone. Examples of crimes that should be reported via the non-emergency line:

  • thefts under $10,000
  • stolen vehicles
  • lost property
  • stolen or lost licence plates and validation tags

See other examples of when to call the non-emergency line.

Crime Stoppers 1-800-222-8477

Make an Anonymous Tip

If you have information about a crime and you would prefer to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or visit the Crime Stoppers website.

In Person

Please note that Community Policing Centres do not take police reports.

If you have had your passport stolen, you will need to come in to one of the VPD's two locations (2120 Cambie St. or 3585 Graveley St.) to make a report.

Other types of reports you can make in person include:

  • theft from auto with no suspect and no evidence
  • theft of goods valued under $5000 with no suspect and no evidence
  • found or lost property
  • mischief to property valued under $5000 with no suspect and no evidence
  • incident reports with no suspect and no evidence

Call the non-emergency line at (604) 717-3321 if you are unsure whether to come in person.


Other Jurisdictions

The Vancouver Police Department is responsible for policing in the City of Vancouver. If you are reporting a crime or require other police services (e.g. Police Records Check) in another city or area, please contact the appropriate police agency.

Other Lower Mainland Police Agencies

Lower Mainland RCMP Detachments

Notes: The following agencies do not provide Police Checks:

Report Crime Online

Call 911

All emergencies requiring an immediate response should be phoned in to 911.

See Emergency? Call 911 for more information.

Deaf, Hard of Hearing or Speech Impaired?

Find out how to register and use Text with 9-1-1.


Reporting a hate crime?

If you have experienced hate, prejudice or bias because of your ethnicity, please report it to the Vancouver Police Department by calling 604-717-3321.

If you fear for your immediate safety, please call 9-1-1.


Report the online sexual exploitation of children to cybertip.ca.


Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre

Report scams to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre.