If you are visiting Vancouver and you need to make a police report, you should know the following:

  • Report all lost or stolen credit cards and traveller’s cheques to the appropriate companies as quickly as possible
  • Cancel any remaining air time or data if your pay-as-you-go cell phone was lost or stolen
  • Contact your nearest consulate or embassy to advise them of the loss or theft of any identification, travel documents, visas and/or passports
  • Contact travel agencies and/or customs and immigration offices to ensure there are no problems with departures from the Vancouver area
  • Include your contact information while you are in the Vancouver area (where you are staying, phone number to reach you at), as we may have to contact you regarding your report before you get home. Please list your departure date from the Vancouver area and your anticipated return date to your home address

No longer in Vancouver?

If you have returned home or travelled to another location, and you need to make a police report, please call our non-emergency line collect at 604-717-3321 so you are not charged long distance fees.

Important numbers

Foreign Affairs (Monday to Friday)


Foreign Affairs (Weekends)


BC Enquiries – ENQUIRYBC

1-800-663-7867 or 604-660-2421

Federal Enquiries – Government of Canada


Information Services – Vancouver