Request a Copy of a Police Report

The VPD Correspondence Unit can provide a copy of a police report to you if you have reported or been involved in a property offence incident. Examples of property offence incidents are:

  • theft
  • theft from auto
  • theft of auto
  • lost property
  • mischief (vandalism)
  • break and enter
  • motor vehicle collisions where a police officer has completed an MV6020 report

With your consent, your insurance company can make this request on your behalf.  In most cases your police report number is sufficient for the VPD to locate your file.

How to Request a Police Report

In Person

Please come in person to our public service counter at either 2120 Cambie Street or 3585 Graveley Street between 9:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. You will need to bring payment in the form of cash, debit or credit card. A piece of government issued picture identification will be required.

By Mail

If you are unable to come in person, requests can be mailed to the VPD Correspondence Unit, accompanied by a certified cheque or money order made out to the City of Vancouver (personal cheques are not accepted). Your written request must include a copy of your government issued picture identification.

Please complete the Request for Property Report Form OR send in a written request with the following information:

  • your police file number (general occurrence number)
  • your full name
  • your current home address
  • a telephone number you can be reached at
  • the location where the incident happened
  • the type of incident that took place
  • any other details that may assist us in locating the incident in the VPD's records

Place your letter, identification and payment in an envelope and mail to:

ATTENTION: Correspondence Unit
Vancouver Police Department
3585 Graveley St.
Vancouver, B.C.
V5K 5J5

Payment / Fee

The cost to process a request for a police report is $55.00 (including applicable taxes). If the request is made in person, the fee is payable by cash, debit or credit card. If the request is being sent by mail, only certified cheques or money orders will be accepted.

Certified cheques should be made payable to the City of Vancouver. Personal cheques are not accepted.

This fee is applicable to persons residing or working in the Lower Mainland.

Out-of-Town Visitors

For out-of-town visitors who do not want to mail in the request and cannot come in person, please email your request (including all information outlined above) to vpdcu@vpd.ca.

The fee is waived for out-of-town visitors and international students upon verification of visitor status, such as a flight itinerary or a student visa.

Contact the VPD's Correspondence Unit

Contact the Correspondence Unit at (604) 717-3000
Monday to Friday
10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Fee Schedule

For a detailed list of all the police documents available for release and their accompanying fees, see our 2021 fee schedule.

Civil Court Orders

For a detailed list of the fees charged for production of police records pursuant to a civil court order, see the fee schedule.

Freedom of Information Requests

See Information & Privacy Unit for information on making an FOI request.